1. Miss Girlie Lee Monument in the form of a concrete cross with a plaque near the base.
    In memory of Miss Girlie Lee who died in the tragic accident between a bus and a train at the Boronia level crossing in 1952. Nine people were killed.
  2. Site of Salvation Army Home No. 3 (1931-1946). This home was a Government building transferred from Coode Island. The function of this building is not known.
    In 2002, the building has been removed.
  3. Mill Track. Used in the 1920's for access to saw mill and by residents in The Ravine. Closed in the 1930's.
    In 2002, residential land.
  4. Early settler David Dobson's original home site. This house was demolished by the Salvation Army and a new one erected.
    In 2002, still used by the Salvation Army.
  5. Site of Como Nurseries. Established by early settler William Chandler and carried on by later generations. Closed in 1988.
    In 2002, residential land.
  6. Site of "Mail Bag Corner". From 1900 - 1920 a mail post was located on the corner of The Basin-Olinda and Sheffield Roads and a loose bag hung there to collect mail.
    Also site of the "Bert Chandler Gardens" which was a display and retail outlet for Como Nurseries (see above).
    In 2002, residential land with portions of the gardens retained.
  7. Site of early settler William Chandler and family first home called "Fern Glen". Later the name was changed to Como as Fern Glen was the name of another property in The Basin.
    Also site where Baron Von Mueller camped in the 1850's and supposedly thought of the name "The Basin".
    In 2002, residential land.
  8. Forest Road. Created in 1927 in the Forest Heights Estate. Was originally called New Forest Road. Previously, there was no road into The Basin along this route.
  9. Toorak Avenue. When first surveyed, this section and Old Forest Road were known as a "Government Road" and the road extended over Mountain Highway and joined with Wicks Road. This was before Mountain Highway and Toorak Avenue existed.
    Toorak Avenue was created later in the Schneider Estate and this section and Old Forest Road were known as Forest Road.
    The section of road down to Mountain Highway that joined with Wicks Road was later reclaimed and is now vacant land.
  10. When Inverness Avenue was first created in the Schneider's Estate, the top end could not be accessed from either Claremont Avenue or Mountain Highway. From Claremont Avenue, there was no creek crossing (created in 1984) and from Mountain Highway there was no official access until a block of land was purchased (see Places of Interest No. 65).
    This unofficial track was created by early residents to gain access from Mountain Highway.
    In 2002, the track still exists but is not in use.