1. Mortiboy Reserve. Originally owned by Ted Mortiboy who actively used the land for scouting activities in the 1920's and 1930's. On the property is a circle of pine trees, each one having been planted as a seedling by a scout on being awarded his Patrol Leaders stripes.
  2. Gravenstein Reserve. Created in the Goodwin Estate.
  3. The Basin Theatre - first building called The Hut. Used from 1963 - 1973.
    In 2002, still exists.
  4. The Basin Theatre - present theatre. Built in 1973, extended in 1989.
  5. Seventh Day Adventist Camp & Conference Centre. Established in 1935, closed in 1999.
    In 2002, vacant.

    Seventh Day Adventist Camp
    Circa 1935
    The 2 photos join together
    (Click to Expand)

  6. Goodwin Estate Pre-School. Established in 1979.
  7. Retarding Basin. Constructed in 1969/70 by the then Dandenong Valley Authority to control flooding in the residential and industrial areas on the downstream flood plain. Also used as conservation and recreation area.
  8. The Basin Progress Hall. Built in 1929.
  9. The Basin Senior Citizens Hall. Built in 1973.
  10. Site of the first store in The Basin known as Smith's Store which was built in 1924.
    In 1963, the original building and other nearby buildings were demolished and the current suite of shops erected which are collectively known as The Basin Shopping Centre.

    Smith's Store
    (Click to Expand)

    Smith's Store when owned
    by the Poulter Family
    Circa 1945
    (Click to Expand)